We asked the locals for the “Must Do’s” while in Round Top & Fayette County—Here’s what they told us:
1. Go to a concert and walk the grounds at Round Top Festival Institute.
Be sure to visit the Herb Gardens
2. Eat at Royers Round Top Café.
Don’t forget the pie!
3. Discover the history of Texas.
Start with a visit to Henkel Square in downtown Round Top.
4. Enjoy a Shakespeare play on a summer night at The Winedale Historical Center.
Check the schedule for off-season shows as well.
5. Shop ‘til you drop!
Wander through the local shops in Bybee Square in Round Top, Carmine, or historic downtown La Grange.
6. Take a driving tour of the Painted Churches.
Contact the Schulenburg Chamber of Commerce at 866.504.5294 to connect with a tour guide.
7. Stop for a glass of wine at the Stone Cellar in Round Top.
Listen to music at the Bugle Boy in La Grange or Sengelmann Hall in Schulenburg.
8. Tour the Round Top Family Library.
Take a break in the beautiful gardens or take advantage of the free WiFi and computer access.
9. Watch the sunset in the hayfield behind the historic Bethlehem Lutheran Church.
Check out the handmade organ inside.
10. Take a drive down unfamiliar country roads and enjoy the beauty and peace of the countryside.
Watch out for longhorns!
But, before you do anything . . . Turn off your cell phone!
For more tips, check out The Parisian Cowboy’s must-haves for your Show Survival Kit.